My name’s Rachel, I’m 23. I’ve never been out of the US and I’m trying to accumulate a travel fund but putting money away feels impossible most months out of the year. I run an Etsy with iknownothingswrong and that’s fun and gets us a bit of money, but most of what we earn goes right back to buying new stuff to continue doing those things we do.
So: I have these drawings. I made them! They’re all 5.5x8.5 inches (that’s half the size of a standard piece of printer paper!). If anyone’s interested in owning any of them, contact me and we can work something out with Paypal—I don’t actually know how to use Paypal that well, but we’ll figure it out together. These drawings may be small but they all took me a few days a piece to make and making them got me through some tough stuff a while back, so I’m asking $15 for them, but if you want to haggle, you’re welcome to try that out.
I’ll mail these anywhere in the world and will pay the shipping. If you’re not interested but would like to help me contribute to my travel fund and don’t find my drawings terribly objectionable aesthetically, I’d appreciate it if you’d reblog/signal boost. Seriously, any sale would help, so any more exposure to increase that possibility will fill my heart with warm gooey feelings!
Thanks for reading, friends.
The Patchriarchy is kicking off their Tumblr with a HUGE giveaway!
As of tomorrow (5/13), we’ll have been in business for 7 months, and we’ve loved every day of it! We also love Tumblr and merging the two is long overdue. So, to say hello to our old fans (and hopefully some new ones), we’re having a big giveaway!
There will be THREE WINNERS!
- First place will receive TWO banners and TWO patches of their choice!
- Second place will receive ONE banner and TWO patches of their choice!
- Third place will receive ONE banner and ONE patch of their choice!
And… If this post reaches 1000+ notes, we’ll add a fourth place/extra goodies!
On to the rules:
- You gotta follow The Patchriarchy!
- Reblog as many times as you want, but don’t ruin your followers’ good times. No giveaway blogs!
- Like this post for an extra entry!
- INTERNATIONAL! Woo!
- Your ask box must be open. If we draw your name but your ask box is closed, we’ll have to draw again, and no one wants that.
- If you’re under 18, you have to get your parents’ permission before you give us your address/we send you potentially vulgar stuff.
- Winners will have 48 HOURS to respond after we contact them. If you miss this window, a new winner will be chosen. Sorry!
- Not necessary, but: Check out iknownothingswrong and wobwobwobwob. They’re the ladies who make all this lovely stuff!
Giveaway ends on the first day of summer—June 21st!
Seattle’s Woodland Park Zoo has welcomed a tiny new arrival: a female North American porcupine, born on April 4. So far, the porcupette has chosen to stay behind the scenes in a quiet den, but her zookeepers think she will soon venture out to climb and explore. Keep an eye out!
Learn more at Zooborns.
More Art Monday: Flowers
We’re only a couple of days away from May and we’ve already begun to see flowers springing up. Take a look at what’s blooming in our galleries.
“Flower Still Life with Bird’s Nest,” 1853, by Severin Roesen
“ ‘Miss Blanche’ Armchair,” Designed by Shiro Kuramata, Made by Ishimaru Co. Ltd
“Tile,” 17th Century, Artist/maker unknown, Iranian or Persian
“Cup in the Form of a Peony Blossom,” 1908, Guangxu Period, Artist/maker unknown, Chinese
“Flowers in a Vase,” c. 1880, by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
“Untitled (Yellow Flowers),” 1995, Virgil Marti